Thursday, June 21, 2007

And So The Summer of Socks Begins...

Today is the first official day of the Summer of Socks 2007. I know that my non-knitting readers aren't going to be very impressed, but I'm looking forward to it. It runs for the next three months, and I'm going to try to actually make pairs of socks, not just singles. Having a short attention span means that I don't get a lot of complete sets finished. Maybe this sock-a-long will change that, since there are contests and prizes involved. What this means for you is that I will be posting pictures of my progress and all the little details that can only matter to a sock knitter. I cast on a toe-up sock this morning with Knit Picks Dancing sock yarn. I'm not wild about my colorway, but I wanted to try a cotton blend yarn for a change. If it doesn't look decent after I get a little way in to it, I'm going to use the Panda Wool I got on my visit to Burlington. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Alex Ball said...

The looooong, loooooonng, loooooooooooooong summer of socks.
Sarcasim and Humor had best not be a stranger to this site as I refuse to keep returning for socks.

Heather said...

Too bad spelling and grammar are strangers to you!

Alex said...

When it's worth my time, I run spell check. I don't when it's knot...

Alex said...

I Have Nevyr been a big phan of goode spellink. It haz alwys seemed a wee bit on the anal rentive side to me.

Kate said...

oh alex, stop revelling in the fact that on top of being a complete sock heathen, you don't spell. not that you can't. you don't.

heather a whole summer of socks will mean you'll need more models than yourself and godzilla!

Heather said...

There is a whole house full of godzillas to run off with my socks. I'm sure you'll be seeing them! I'm making no promises for how many socks will be knit, though... the two I had in mind yesterday have already been ripped off the needles and now I'm on sock yarn number three.

Alex said...

Gosh Dern it...here we had a nice little fight going and you girls had to turn it right back around to the socks again.....it IS going to be a loooooooooooooong summer.

Bye!