Thursday, July 27, 2006

Disaster of the Day

On my way to work this morning, I stopped for coffee, like I often do. My car is not just a mode of transportation for me, it also transports an amazing array of crap. When I got into the car, I needed to place the coffee on the middle console so I could remove the two old cups from the cup holder. Part of my brain knew I was heading in the wrong direction, but it was early, and I ignored it. After removing the old cups, I didn't immediately put the new coffee in the holder. Instead, I took my purse off my lap and tried to put it on the seat next to me. Of course, the strap caught the new cup of coffee and sent it flying through the air, landing upside down on the floor, soaking my bag of books and knitting. I'm sure people in the parking lot wondered what the hell was going on when I shrieked at the top of my lungs and started flinging books and yarn around the car to get them out of the coffee. So I drove to work with the scent of coffee coming up from the steaming puddle on the floor, and no actual coffee to drink. I couldn't very well go back inside and tell them WHY I needed another coffee, could I?

No comments: